908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport, and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
The Chemist is part of the R&D Science Team, performing lab experiments and other development work across any, or all of, the 908 Devices product lines including the MX908, ZipChip, and Rebel, as well as on new products under development. The goals of the activities will include characterization of device performance, investigation of new application areas, software testing, and validation of procedures. The position will include working in close collaboration with all members of the team as well as R&D Engineers, Production Engineers, Product Managers, and likely technical staff in the Marketing and Sales areas of 908 Devices.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Excellent laboratory skills are required.
- Experience with chemical and instrumental analysis is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for the dissemination of information and documenting progress are expected.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, curiosity, and a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Great personal pride in your work and your contributions to a team is required for this position.
- BS in a relevant field such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Forensic Science is required.
- Open to hiring a recent college graduate with some laboratory experience