908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced marketing manager to lead the development of key technical content and nurture the collaborations with key opinion leaders to support the REBEL value proposition for Bioprocessing applications. Attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, is critical. Reporting to the Bioprocess Segment Marketing Director, the successful candidate will be results oriented and will coordinate closely with the rest of the marketing team, and partners at various levels in the company to develop technical content and application data to support marketing programs designed to help achieve global sales, marketing, and revenue goals. A self-directed, highly motivated individual with strong communication skills as well as technical and bioprocess market knowledge would be ideal for this position.
Desired Skills & Background:
- Create technical content using application data created internally and externally to support publishing of case studies, training slides, webinars and other sales enablement tools.
- Support the development of training content for FAS and sales teams - developing content with Product Managers and R&D.
- Manage collaboration projects with key opinion leaders to drive content generation.
- Actively involved in creating product awareness through the creation of content for webinars, seminars, customer presentations, presence at customer-engaging events.
- Participate in defining content needs by channel, as well as executing content creation for global/ regional go-to-market strategy.
- Gathers feedback from customers, global and other regional counterparts, and field sales to identify new market trends, opportunities and application data needs. Uses this information to provide input to broader. business/market development strategy to drive a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop sales training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D and commercial teams.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of metrics, successes, failures, best practices etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team.
- Must be willing to learn and take coaching from peers and supervisors/superiors, both in success and failure.
- Lead/participates in cross-functional teams as an individual contributor to develop strategic content that drives growth in key channels and customer segments.
- Must have a can-do attitude, as well as the ability to overcome failures to produce success with a “never give up” approach.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Field travel as necessary to visit customers, attend trade shows and to keep in touch with the global market-place (~30% travel globally).
- Minimum BS in cell, molecular and/or protein biology or related discipline with >5 years’ experience in a marketing and/or sales role.
- Experience in biopharma and specifically bioprocessing markets.
- Technical domain knowledge of bioprocessing applications and workflows.
- Experience in marketing and / or other commercial roles.
- Exceptional written, oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and problem-solving skills.
- Has thorough functional understanding of the corporate market functions, planning and strategy, and in depth knowledge of life science bioprocessing or research markets with knowledge of competitors.
- Ability to work on problems of routine to diverse scope.
- Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Identifies problems, answers questions, gain cooperation of others and implement efficient solutions.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking; must be creative and have the “big picture” viewpoint.
- Works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment