908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
We are currently looking for an Associate Shipping and Receiving Coordinator for our Operations team. This person will be responsible for all functions associated with shipping and receiving that are essential to the smooth operation of the company.
The successful candidate will be able to familiarize themselves with all stock room operations. This includes receiving, cycle counting, work order fulfillment and work order completion. They will also perform domestic and international shipping of hazardous materials and will need to properly determine the labeling and shipping requirements for successful delivery. Experience performing shipping and receiving transactions with an ERP system is a plus. Experience with Netsuite is a plus. This position will be based in our Boston, MA facility.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Flexible and capable of dealing with multiple priorities.
- Experience in domestic and international shipping
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement principle
- Able to work within a team environment of conflicting opinions, ideas and solutions and provide clear direction to reach alignment with all stakeholders.
- Background in shipping scientific instruments is a plus
- Experience working with an ISO 2001/2015 quality system is a plus
High School Graduate, or GED