908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
We are looking to welcome a highly talented Field Application Scientist to join our team, supporting the DACH/Central Europe territory. In this role, you will have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and growth within a company at the forefront of this industry. You will work closely with our customers and prospects in the field to make them successful using our REBEL family of products for at-line spent media analysis in the bioprocessing and biopharmaceutical industries.
- Work closely with the sales team in providing technical expertise and guidance for prospective customers
- Ability to balance scientific curiosity with realistic, obtainable results and guidance.
- Work hand-in-hand with customers evaluating their samples and conducting interrogation of spent media on the REBEL platform.
- Establish strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise.
- Proactive approach to driving customer success and support with urgency.
- Present REBEL technical contributions at scientific meetings, seminars, or customer facing events.
- Communicate with other groups such as product management, marketing, & customer service.
- Work closely with sales and service teams in providing unparalleled customer service and support as issues arise.
- Contribute to overall 908 Devices team and initiatives outside of the day-to-day activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years hands-on experience in a bioprocessing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Life Sciences bioprocessing industry, especially in the areas of fermentation and cell culture.
- Experience with Sartorius Ambr 15/250 bioreactors desired, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, confident, and a ‘never let a ball drop’ mentality.
- The position will be field based, in the DACH/Central Europe territory.
- The position will report to the Senior Manager, Field Applications based in the US.