908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
The Associate Buyer is a part of our Operations group, helping to build and scale this critical function, supporting product development and manufacturing. The Associate Buyer will work in partnership with the Senior Buyer/Planner and report into the Head of Production and NPI at 908 Devices. This is a new position due to growth and we seek a strong team player to join us as 908 Devices continues to expand.
• Monitor outstanding orders to ensure timely deliveries to maintain production.
• Follow up on orders to confirm delivery dates & expedite shipments as needed.
• Monitor Purchase Requisitions and converting to Purchase Orders.
• Work with the Receiving and Accounts Payable, resolving supplier invoicing discrepancies.
• Manage supplier qualifications and the new vendor process.
• Process Credit Card orders as needed.
• Highly organized with the ability to focus on key deliverables
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills
• Previous experience with Netsuite or similar ERP system
• Strong proficiency with MS Office
• 2+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing operations environment