908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Senior EE will join a growing and empowered engineering team to conceive and build remarkable products. 908 Devices embraces bold and inventive thinking, so bring your creativity, passion, and imagination to the table. We think big and enable our staff with cutting edge tools, resources, flexibility, to thrive in an energized workplace. Each of 908 Devices’ products are ambitious in capability. They require state-of-the-art electronics, typically custom designed at 908. Technologies range from very low-noise analog to complex FPGAs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, test, and integration of sophisticated electronic assemblies employed in 908 Devices’ products, test systems, and research platforms. You’ll take designs from concept to production and work cross functionally with 908’s production staff, engineers, and scientists to own the process.
- Systems design and requirements specification
- Schematic capture and PCB design
- Co-design with software and mechanical engineering staff
- NPI-to-Production transition
- Regulatory agency testing
- Production documentation
- Comprehensive understanding of contemporary electronic technologies
- Schematic capture and PCB design (preferably Altium)
- Low-noise and low-power analog circuit design
- Analog simulation, signal integrity, and noise analysis
- Safety and EMC regulatory standards and agency testing
- Excellent Communication Skills (English fluency, written and verbal)
Additional Skills (preferred but not required):
- CPLD/FPGA design (preferably Altera and Verilog)
- High-performance CPUs, high-speed data interfaces
- Digital signal processing, closed loop control systems
- High-voltage, wireless, and/or RF design
- C/C++/Python coding experience (e.g. device driver and diagnostic code)
Education and Experience:
- BSEE / MS / PhD in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ of relevant experience