908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, high-energy professional to fill the role of Senior Events Manager. The successful candidate will help define and execute company-wide event strategies to drive awareness of 908 Device’s products and generate qualified leads. This role will partner with marketing peers and product team members to create memorable brand experiences across multiple event types to build and engage our customer base.
· Define event program KPI’s with effective tracking and reporting mechanisms to ensure we are measuring impact, gathering findings, and continually improving the customers’ experience with our brand.
· Optimize each event with the selection of sponsorships, speaking opportunities, poster submissions and other creative ways to help us stand out from the crowd.
· Collaborate with marketing peers to create sticky event messaging that carry’s across all event creative, literature, collateral, promotional materials, etc.
· Develp and manage comprehensive project plans to ensure cross-functional responsibilities are clear and timelines are met.
· Lead all aspects of event management including evaluation and selection, contract negotiation, vendor selection, booth design, property management, and inventory oversight.
Skills and Experience
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the planning, coordination, and management of events of all sizes
· Highly and detail oriented with the ability to run complex projects, sticking to timelines, and nailing all the details
· Great communicator and cross-functional partner - you are great at keeping everyone on the same page with clear and regular communication
· Proactive and self starting - you actively seek out opportunities to solve new problems and can independently work towards crafting solutions.
· Experience in the Life Sciences industry a plus
· Periodic travel required