908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
908 Devices is looking for a Senior Paralegal focused in Corporate and Securities. This is a newly created role due to our recent IPO and explosive growth. You will be an integral part of structuring and growing our legal department. This role will report directly to the VP, General Counsel. It will be a highly visible position to interact and help various company departments and leaders. If you have initiative, are a master of accuracy and detail, and want to leverage your current legal knowledge but still learn and grow, then this role will be a good fit for you. Full details below.
Corporate (and Contracts)
· Prepare initial drafts, review and/or manage an array of contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, distributor agreements, purchase orders and other vendor, partner and customer arrangements.
· Maintain a library of pre-approved form documents, contract clauses, templates, and historical documents and/or revise material as needed or requested.
· Provide support in transactional due diligence, including assisting in managing data rooms, analyzing documents, and preparing and organizing deal documentations for attorney review.
· Respond to requests for information and documents from other departments, including Finance and Human Resources, seeking legal support and analysis.
Securities (and Governance)
· Assist with preparation and organization of 908 Devices’ Board of Directors and board committee presentations, minutes and other materials.
· Assist with matters of corporate governance and compliance, including charters, policies and procedures, insider trading compliance, NASDAQ compliance, annual stockholder meeting and oversight of governance section of Investor website.
· Assist with SEC and public company reporting, including: Proxy Statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, and Section 16 filings.
Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
· 5 plus years of in-house corporate governance, paralegal or similar experience.
· Significant experience with at least one of the corporate/contracts or the securities/governance areas above, and the ability and willingness to learn the other.
· Proficient with the Microsoft Office product suite.
· Top-notch analysis and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
· Tech-savvy individual who enjoys learning new technologies.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills: approachable, active listener, persuasive, trustworthy.
· Effectively manages time and priorities.
· Flexible and resilient.
· Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information.