908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. 908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
We are looking for an entry-level Manufacturing Engineer to join our Production/NPI team. The successful candidate will be engaged in both transitioning and sustaining new and existing products. This is a “hands-on” position within the manufacturing group that has responsibility for optimizing yield and efficiency, troubleshooting production issues, developing and improving test and assembly stations, optimizing fabrication and assembly processes, and improving data acquisition and analysis. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, detail oriented and have strong communications skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Optimize workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency
· Troubleshoot and correct production issues
· Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements in quality control.
· Identify quality and reliability issues and take corrective actions
· Establish production test metrics
· Track yield and production efficiency
· Calculate labor, material and other production costs
· Document assembly and test procedures
· Coordinate equipment maintenance and calibration
· Manage execution of work for timely completion of tasks
· Prepare and present technical reports
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 0-2 years of related experience in manufacturing in Scientific Instrumentation industry or similar
· Strong understanding of mechanical, and/or electromechanical design
· Experience with microfluidics & motion control systems
· Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate and manage multiple projects
· Good attention to detail, highly conscientious and diligent.
· Able to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively
· Able to act independently
· Strong aptitude for statistics and data analysis
· Good interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate across diverse groups within company
BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or directly related scientific discipline preferred