908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our growing team of six. The Staff Accountant will initially report to the Controller as we continue to build up our team. We are a newly public company in December 2020. We have lots of exciting growth opportunity and this position will add to the accounting department’s capabilities and serve as a liaison between accounting and various other departments.
· Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
· Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
· Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury.
· Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
· Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
· Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
· Processing internal sales orders for operations, assisting with annual inventory counts.
· Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
· Assisting the Controller and accounting team in general, as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required, CPA a plus.
· 1-3 years’ experience, Public Company experience a plus (not required).
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Working knowledge of GAAP.
· Good problem-solving and time management skills.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.