908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics, and adjacent markets.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
The Customer Training Coordinator will join our growing Customer Service and Quality Engineering (CSQE) team to provide the best possible customer training experience with 908 Devices Inc. In this customer facing role, you will be responsible for establishing and building customer relationships to promote customer retention and loyalty. You will work closely with our pre- and post-sales team to ensure customer satisfaction and success during product deployment, implementation, and renewal, while making sure our existing customers receives the best possible care.
The Customer Training Coordinator will handle initial communication and coordination with our customers to schedule product training and/or installation of 908 Devices products at the customer site and have responsibility for the logistical elements surrounding that training or installation.
- Provide timely product training coordination to both new and existing customers.
- Ensure any required materials have been secured and shipped to the customer site prior to training or installation.
- Work with other members of the CSQE team to provide follow-up post training or installation.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with our distributors and commercial partners.
- Update customers’ service and training records in coordination with other departments.
- Facilitate shipping and tracking of customer equipment.
- Support internal teams by aiding with webinars and refresher trainings.
- Responsible for updating and reviewing training forms and surveys.
- Contribute to improving existing coordination processes and utilizing new systems/tools.
- Help drive customer retention by developing and maintaining relationships.
- Proactively and regularly check-in with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Support and Development teams to analyze customer feedback that will guide customer success and product improvements.
- Provide additional pre-sales and post-sales customer training support as needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Self-Starter with strong people orientation, with the capacity to work with customer independently and as a team member.
- Creative and efficient problem solver with the ability to inspire customer loyalty, while contributing to best practices.
- Excellent electronic tool/communication awareness for SaaS products, MS Office, etc.
- Previous customer-facing service experience is necessary; industry is not critical
- Previous management or leadership experience is preferable
- High school diploma required; advanced education preferred
- Physical Demands & Equipment Requirements: Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- General office environment
- Minimal travel required