908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
This is a newly created role due to our explosive growth. You will be an integral part of a growing, six-member finance team and a partner in all payroll and equity plan functions. This role will report directly to the Controller. It will assist with all company payroll operations to complete biweekly payroll, oversee the entire stock plan administration cycle in partnership with Finance, Legal and Human Resources, and provide various support to other miscellaneous accounting duties as needed. If you have initiative, are eager to learn, want to leverage your problem-solving abilities, and have strong attention to accuracy and detail, this role will be a good fit for you. Full details below.
· Participate in biweekly payroll processing for hybrid inhouse/outsourced model of multi-state payroll (exempt & non-exempt) via TriNet for approximately 130 employees providing verification and support to HR.
· Handle escalated employee payroll related questions and concerns from managers.
· Review post-payroll activities such as general ledger postings, and reconciliation activities. Coordinate with Controller on bank funding.
· Work with external auditors as needed.
· Oversee development of payroll process and procedure documentation and training documentation.
· Act as a resource within payroll and to other departments and outside vendors regarding general payroll processes, payroll taxes, equity plans, retirement contributions, benefit deductions, unemployment insurance and commissions.
· Perform accounting/general ledger functions as it relates to payroll compensation, including journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and other month-end close functions.
· Review time reports to ensure proper coding of payroll expenses to the various departments.
· Work with employees on time entry.
· Act as Equity Administration expert to participants, internal and external stakeholders, and respond to inquiries and requests regarding equity programs and grants.
· Work with outside vendor to manage Shareworks/Morgan Stanley platform to process equity grants and releases, and track BOD activity in a timely manner.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting of relevant payroll tax withholdings and maintain data between TriNet and Shareworks.
· Provide global program administration for Employee Stock Purchase Program for two annual offering periods.
Other Skills & Experience
· 3-5 years of proven payroll experience, in a public company a plus
· Exposure with compensation, tax or equity administration experience (RSU’s, RSA’s, deferred dividends and ESPP) is helpful
· Experience working with a PEO (TriNet/Insperity, etc.) or tax compliance a plus