We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
Required Skills and Requirements
· Significant expertise in data interpretation and novel algorithm development. A strong grounding in statistics (univariate and multivariate) is advantageous, and experience with chemical measurement systems, signal processing, and Monte Carlo simulation is highly desired.
· Programming experience in Python and/or Matlab is required. Additional experience with C/C++ is a plus.
· A good grasp of professional development concepts like best practice coding standards, source control, automated build environments, and project management / bug tracking software is highly desired.
· The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, curiosity, and a data-driven approach to problem solving. You are capable of tackling problems bottoms-up, and top-down as the situation dictates, and are an effective multi-tasker managing your time across multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills for dissemination of information and documenting progress are expected. You are comfortable taking on highly visible, complex projects and will increase external recognition of 908 Devices’ technology and products by presenting at conferences, publishing work, and participating in external collaborations.
· Great personal pride in your work and your contributions to a team is required for this position. While considerable independence is expected, this role involves significant cross-functional collaboration with colleagues in chemistry, physics, biology, engineering, and software.
· Education in a relevant field such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics. BS required. MS, PhD, or equivalent experience desired.