We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
Your primary responsibility will be assembly and test of our Life Science consumable products. This will include producing and testing our microfluidic chip products, data entry and preparation of test reports, and preparation of custom reagent mixtures following defined procedures and work instructions. The position will also require some visual inspection and quality assurance sampling measurements. You will also work with the New Production Introduction (NPI) team to trouble-shoot production issues and assist in continuous improvement of assembly and test processes.
We strongly value hard work, focus and attention to detail, and we foster an extremely collaborative environment, but also seek candidates able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
This position is 40hrs/week, located in Boston, MA
Desired Skills & Experience
· Education Level: Associates Degree in Chemistry / Biology or similar preferred
· Minimum 2-5 years of experience working in a production environment
· Experience manufacturing Microfluidic devices is a plus
· Experience in a clean room environment would be an asset, as well as experience in transitioning from prototype to volume manufacturing
· Ability to follow detailed work instructions and handle miniaturized components
· Experience dispensing chemicals and inspecting product with microscopes
· Experience with vacuum coating equipment (CVD or similar) is a plus
· Working knowledge of vacuum pumps, chambers, ovens is a plus
· Hard working, high energy and able to work independently
· Good computer skills. Must be able to use electronic documents and fill in electronic records
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· U.S. citizenship required