645 Summer Street, #201
Boston MA 02210
We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
We are looking for a Product Engineer/Scientist to join our Production/NPI team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for transitioning our Life Sciences products from prototype to full-scale production. This is a “hands-on” position that will interface with both the design engineering team on new product introduction while working with the manufacturing team to optimize yield and efficiency. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, detail oriented and have previous experience in development and production of complex analytical instruments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Optimize product assembly & test work flow
· Resolve production issues with internal and external manufacturing partners
· Troubleshoot and correct production issues
· Identify design weaknesses and propose/implement improvements
· Identify quality and reliability issues and take corrective actions
· Work with internal design team and external suppliers to drive DFM
· Establish production test metrics
· Document assembly and test procedures
· Manage execution of work for timely completion of tasks
· Prepare and present technical reports
· Perform system engineering analysis to support new and existing designs
· Champion initiatives to improve engineering and operations procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
· 5+ years of related experience in Product Engineering in Scientific Instrumentation industry or similar
· Experience of developing and engineering of high functionality, complex products
· Strong understanding of mechanical, and/or electromechanical design
· Experience with microfluidics & motion control systems
· Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate and manage multiple projects
· Excellent attention to detail, highly conscientious and diligent.
· Able to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively
· Able to act independently
· Strong aptitude for statistics and data analysis
· Good interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate across diverse groups within company
BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or directly related scientific discipline preferred