We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA, near the Seaport and has a satellite office in North Carolina and a growing population of remote staff worldwide.
A small team of talented software engineers is looking for experienced software QA team members to join our industry leading, fast paced and rapidly growing company in developing cutting edge solutions that drive incredible state of the art chemical and biochemical analysis products. As a member of the team, you will be challenged with defining, creating, and executing test plans to ensure the highest levels of quality for our hardware and software products. The ideal candidate is organized, focused, and motivated by their unquenchable desire to make things better by driving quality into every facet of the organization.
Objectives of the Role
· Quickly master our tools and technology
· Learn our current test plans and procedures, and contribute to the development and maintenance of new, improved ones
· Support our drive to improve our quality and reliability by enhancing our standards and best practices
· Define and review quality metrics and feed results back into process improvements that make us better
· Be a champion for quality throughout the software organization
Skills and Qualifications
· A dedicated, details-oriented test professional with a strong sense of ownership and a focus on driving tasks to completion
· A working knowledge of processes and techniques that drive software quality throughout the full product development lifecycle
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· US citizen or permanent resident
· Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
· Solid understanding of testing software both on embedded devices and in desktop simulation is desirable
· Experience using automated test tools and writing automated tests
· Experience testing mobile, Bluetooth-enabled applications on Android and iOS would be a very good thing
Education and Experience
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 2+ years of relevant experience