We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
908 Devices is looking for an experienced Government Sales Manager to manage and drive the sales strategy for Government Sales Accounts. Reporting to the Senior Director of Federal Programs, the Government Sales Manager will develop and execute strategies for building and maintaining business opportunities within the US Government market. An entrepreneurial attitude is needed to manage, coordinate, and communicate strategic pursuit initiatives to government sales leadership and cross-functional teams to meet complex customer requirements. The Government Sales Manager will be responsible to grow and manage long-term collaborative relationships within strategic US Government accounts. The Government Sales Manager will be part of a collaborative team responsible for overall Federal Government sales and revenue targets and goals.
Key responsibilities include identifying and developing new business opportunities for HPMS related technology platforms. Must be able to initiate and execute upon large development opportunities (LDOs), as aligned within government team strategies and goals. Performance will be measured by revenue generation, building client relationships, and sourcing new business opportunities.
· Target key account customers to present value propositions of HPMS technology. Capable of understanding and developing equipment requirements for complex detection systems.
· Capable of articulating system value to the end user, and operational components, and senior leadership level decision makers.
· Build and maintain high level relationships with senior end user leadership to discuss and review their requirement needs and capability gap issues. Present best practice solutions and convey the value proposition and program integration of HPMS technology.
· Conduct regular business reviews with key LDO stakeholders to ensure the best possible end user satisfaction and continued technology adoption.
· Support, drive and seek ways to improve channel partner activities to provide easier, more efficient ways Government Agencies to procure 908 Devices products and services.
· Responsible for developing key distribution channel strategies and supporting Dealer of Record (DoR) program.
· Be part of the larger team to provide input and feedback regarding new product innovation (NPI) to meet the demands and needs of complex end user detection solutions.
· 5+ years of government sales expertise
· 3+ years key account or business development
· 3+ years CBRNE detection expertise
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Basic understanding of chemistry associated with chemical detection technology.
· Excellent sales, presentation, negotiation, and overall communication skills essential.
· Demonstrated ability to create a vision and drive change, as well as an ability to work within larger organizational objectives.
· Ability to travel (60 %+) essential.
· Ability to take on an informal leadership role and influence others without direct authority.
· Computer literacy in MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· CRM experience (preferably SFDC).