We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
The VP of Finance is responsible for the accounting function, SEC reporting and the SOX controls environment. Reporting to the CFO, the VP of Finance will be a key business partner to the organization leading the charge on the accounting front and having the opportunity to drive the audit committee interactions and other key tasks consistent with the VP of Finance of a publicly traded company. Responsibilities include:
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, external reporting and internal controls.
- Communicate and effectively collaborate with various levels of seniority within the organization.
- Interacting with the audit committee and board of directors.
- Operational and strategic tasks to support forward-looking strategy and initiatives (e.g. M&A).
- Managing the treasury function and cash flows and developing and coordinating all relationships with financial institutions.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers.
- Additional finance and administrative duties and responsibilities as required.
- This individual will have demonstrated success in the development of a responsive accounting and finance team in fast paced and complex organizations.
- Strong experience developing and managing a finance team as a mentor with exceptional leadership skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Relevant experience developing and managing financial activities, including accounting, contract negotiations, cash management, internal controls & compliance, tax, and SEC reporting is required.
- Relevant experience operating in a senior finance capacity with ability and ambition to accept broad responsibilities as the company continues to scale.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills. And a keen ability to present data in a compelling and clear manner with defined objectives that inform decisions.
- Comfortable working with and building trusted relationships with all levels of an organization.
- High personal integrity and credibility.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- M&A experience is a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
Background in Big 4 Public Accounting preferred
12+ years total accounting or finance experience
Experience at a publicly traded company preferred