We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
Join our premier engineering team and help us conceive and build remarkable products. 908 Devices embraces bold and inventive thinking so bring your creativity, energy, and imagination. We think big and enable our staff with contemporary tools, flexibility, and an enthusiastic workplace.
Each of 908 Devices’ products are ambitious in capability. These require state-of-the-art electronics, typically custom designed at 908. Technologies range from very low-noise analog to complex FPGAs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and test of electronic assemblies employed in 908 Devices’ products, test systems, and research platforms. You’ll work closely with 908’s production staff, engineers, and scientists.
· Schematic capture and PCB design.
· Electronic product design.
· Prototype design and construction.
· Production test fixture design and construction.
· Test and debug of production electronics.
· R&D and Production documentation.
· Schematic capture and PCB design (preferably Altium).
· Board-level debugging.
· Strong electronic test equipment skills.
· Intermediate analog and digital design and simulation skills.
· Hand-soldering and protoboard construction.
· Fluency in English (written and verbal).
· US citizen or permanent resident.
Additional Skills (preferred but not required)
· CPLD/FPGA design (e.g. Altera and Verilog).
· Digital signal processing, closed loop control systems.
· High-voltage, wireless, and/or RF design.
· C/C++/Python coding experience (e.g. device driver and diagnostic code).
Education and Experience:
· BSEE / MS in Electrical Engineering.
· 2+ years of relevant experience.