We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analytical and direct business support including forecasting, monthly close analysis, annual planning, results analysis, and preparing reporting packages for both internal and external requirements. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be a key business partner to the organization leading functional and project level financial forecasting, reporting and analysis across various departments of the company.
- Collaborate across various departments to determine economics for product lines and partner analytics.
- Contribute to the formation of a detailed operating plan and long-term corporate financial model; track ongoing changes to the business in the rolling forecast.
- Use financial models and analytical tools to support functional objectives and projects and support decision making.
- Design reporting and analytics to capture and report on key performance indicators.
- Communicate and effectively collaborate with various levels of seniority within the organization.
- Serve as financial representative on teams and provide advisory services.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and presentation support as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous budgeting/planning/monthly variance analysis experience.
- Strong ability to analyze monthly financial results and ROI outputs and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business. Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment.
- Experience with financial planning/reporting systems.
- Proficiency with Excel (required), PowerPoint (required) and NetSuite (preferred)
Bachelor’s or equivalent technical degree with a minimum 2 years of experience as Financial Analyst. (May include internships/co-op)