We are leading a revolution in measurement devices for chemical and biochemical analysis. 908 Devices has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spec devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of mass spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets. We are reimagining where mass spec technology can be used if it is sufficiently small in size, low in cost, and simple to operate.
908 Devices is headquartered in the Boston Seaport, with satellite facilities in the Bay Area and in North Carolina.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to drive company-wide quality initiatives. The successful candidate will have responsibility for defining and improving quality processes in all aspects of the organization, including supply chain, manufacturing, operations and R&D. You will be a “hands-on” resource with a focus on using metrics and data analysis to enhance product quality and reliability. You will collaborate with multiple groups within 908 Devices to evaluate assembly & test processes, establish quality metrics to verify product stability, and drive continuous improvement by streamlining and adjusting processes as necessary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Define and implement company-wide quality control initiatives
· Monitor, evaluate and improve internal production quality processes
· Define and implement product quality assurance testing
· Develop quality sampling plans across all product lines
· Work with production to establish statistical process control charts and track weekly
· Prepare quality reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing test and process data
· Improve production efficiency and reduce waste
· Develop supply chain quality metrics/supplier scorecard system
· Perform supplier audits
· Drive 908 Devices internal Quality Management System (QMS)
· Contribute to ISO9000 & Quality Audits
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 7+ years of related experience in Quality in handheld/desktop instrumentation or related industry
· Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate and manage multiple projects
· Excellent attention to detail, highly conscientious and diligent.
· Familiarity with JIRA and Arena is a plus
· Experience with Kanban and Agile methodologies is a plus
· Strong aptitude for statistics and data analysis
· Good interpersonal skills, ability to facilitate across diverse groups within company
Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biological sciences or engineering preferred