908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
We are looking for an experienced, product marketer /product manager to develop the commercial strategy and own the commercialization and sustaining marketing activities for 908 Devices Government and Public Safety business. Attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, is critical. Reporting to the VP of Product Management and Marketing, the Government Product Marketing Manager is a highly visible, global role that must work extremely effectively across the sales and marketing organizations. The role will partner closely with the Government Product Manager to own the vision, success and growth of the product line. A self-directed, highly motivated individual with strong business acumen as well as technical and market knowledge would be ideal for this position.
- Develop marketing and positioning strategies that differentiate 908 Devices’ innovative High-pressure mass spec technology
- In collaboration with the government product manager, define, develop, and implement a strategic product roadmap based on market needs and opportunities.
- Develop, orchestrate, and lead go-to-market plans for new product release and sustaining marketing programs
- Work closely with marketing communications and scientific teams on content generation to fulfill marketing strategy campaigns.
- Work with the sales channel to understand adoption barriers, effective deployment of sales enablement resources and gather customer use cases
- Generate personas, value propositions and positioning for key areas of responsibility.
- Develop comprehensive marketing requirements based off voice of the customer and work cross functionally with strategic teams to generate business cases that aid in the justification and prioritization of new products or enhancements.
- Maintain competitive intelligence and develop timely responses for internal and external audiences.
- Support demand planning forecasting and provide pricing for new products and annual price adjustment process.
- Minimum BS in a Science or Business-related field.
- Experience in government, public safety, law enforcement, first responder or military markets a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a product management, product marketing, business development or other customer-facing role in a technology domain.
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot a plus.
- Proven track record of implementing 'Go-to- Market' product strategies.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Exceptional written, oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and problem-solving skills.