908 Devices Inc. is democratizing chemical analysis by way of mass spectrometry. We make products ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices.
Founded by a seasoned team with demonstrated successes in delivering breakthrough miniature analytical tools to the market, and backed by top tier venture capital and government collaborators, we are looking to welcome more high-talent contributors to our team. You’ll have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and growth with a company at the forefront of the field. Our facility is located in the beautiful and thriving Boston Innovation district.
We are looking for a smart, talented and experienced individual to join our finance team to support our expanding product portfolio and growing organization.
Your primary mission will be to work together with the Accounting Manager to expand the capabilities of the finance team with a focus on internal and external customers. Great opportunity for ambitious professional looking to further their career.
- Own revenue recognition from start to finish (products, contracts, reporting), including monthly reconciliations to the GL.
- Publish monthly reporting (dashboards) around revenue recognition
- Manage the close process (month-end, quarter-end, and year-end) including balance sheet reconciliations related to revenue.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements to ensure timely and accurate presentation, being responsible for revenue, commissions, royalties, deferred revenue and other areas as needed.
- Assist with improving and defining internal control documentation
- Embrace and become a power user for our ERP system (Netsuite)
- Work with the accounting manager on technical accounting memorandums to support complex accounting transactions
- Assist team with operations projects
- Assist with the Company’s annual audit
Skills & Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of experience in accounting, CPA preferred
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and
- demonstrate good decision-making skills under pressure
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and
- helpful manner
- You love to work as a team but can thrive when working independently with minimal
- Highly motivated, work well with people at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrate working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and can
- research and apply knowledge with complex transactions
- Experience with NetSuite is ideal, but not required (may be comparable system)
- The position will be based out of our Boston headquarters
We hire for talent, not a specified salary band, degree, or title, but you likely are a CPA and have a relevant BS/BA or the work experience to match.