908 Devices Inc. is democratizing chemical analysis by way of mass spectrometry. We make products ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices. www.908devices.com
We are looking to welcome more high-talent contributors to our team. You’ll have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and growth with a company at the forefront of the field.
You will work closely with our customers and prospects in the field, to make them successful using our REBEL products in their Process Development (PD) labs for cell culture media analysis. Support the sales team in engaging customers on their workflows, applications, and benefits of adopting REBEL. You will conduct trainings, installations, preventative maintenance visits, conduct occasional repairs, and generally do anything necessary to ensure a customer is delighted and has a positive experience post their purchase.
· Work hand-in-hand with customers analyzing their samples (post purchase) and supporting demos at customer site / our HQ
· Perform product installations and training at customer sites – centered in biopharma regions in eastern USA
· Provide post-sales customer support including troubleshooting and basic maintenance
· Develop and/or contribute to technical and training documentation, content marketing, and customer support portal materials
· Interface with Sales to ensure that application needs for each customer are defined and met
· Interface with product development teams to help define customer requirements and provide VOC
· Collaborate with customers to define proper methods and work flows to expand utilization of REBEL
· Host customer meetings & webinars for REBEL training and technology education – supporting EAST & WEST sales teams
· Engage with prospective customers through application development work
· Establish strong relationships with customers through sound technical expertise
· Work and communicate with other groups such as R&D, operations, and marketing
· Assist inside sales and field sales representatives in responding to customer needs as they arise
· Contribute to overall 908 Devices team and initiatives outside of the day-to-day activities
· Strong knowledge of bioprocess technologies
· Hands-on skills to solve any problem – from software, to hardware, to the biochemistry
· Experience in conducting qualitative & quantitative HPLC experiments for small molecule sample sets (e.g. amino acid analysis)
· Excellent communication skills, confident, and a ‘never let a ball drop’ mentality
· Professional demeanor
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field. (M.S. in Biotechnology preferred)
· 5 – 10 years of relevant experience
· The position is to be field based from east coast – candidate preferably short drive from Boston headquarters
· Travel is primarily expected in the biopharma and industrial biotech sweet spots along the east coast. Travel may be sudden if urgent customer need arrives.
· Occasional scheduled travel to West coast to drive customer adoption and utilization is anticipated.
· 908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA
· The new hire will report to the 908 Devices’ Director of Integrated LS Platforms