We make point-of-need-devices ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices. These uncomplicated purpose-built devices provide users with the power to redefine their workflows by getting actionable answers at the point of need. Our devices are being used for critical applications across the globe in the life sciences and field forensic markets. 908 Devices is headquartered in the heart of Boston where we research, design and manufacture innovative products based on high-pressure mass spectrometryTM (HPMS) and microfluidic separation technology.
This role is for a talented and experienced product manager for our ZipChip platform --- hardware, consumables, and software.
Skills and Experience:
- You are a problem solver, and can see around corners.
- You’ve done this before. You have some experience in the life sciences space around market assessments, product launches, and product maintenance, and ideally in the MS, CE/LC space.
- You are a life scientist, or have spent a lot of time talking to scientists in the life-science arena.
- You have great interpersonal skills.
- You love getting stuff done and off your shoe.
- You are not scared of a time crunch.
- You enjoy reading, writing, and maybe even some math.
- You can tell a joke. Bonus points if it is actually funny.
- You love bringing order where there is a little rocket fueled chaos.
- You can chat on any channel – text, phone, IM, in
person – and sometimes simultaneously!
A few more specifics about responsibilities– because you are detail oriented:
- Create the vision for a product and owning the entire product life cycle
- Development of product collateral
- Work with key development or sales partners
- Interact extensively with a direct sales force and distributors
- Interacting with customers and key opinion leaders in the life science tools space.
- Analyze and understand the competitive landscape
- Market analysis and trend identification through surveys, KOLS, and independent research.
- Figure out what a customer truly wants and then facilitate product creation
- Development of training programs for sales staff
- Own all aspects of the platform and be the
- 5+ years of product management experience in the life sciences, including product launch and product sustainment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Business acumen
- MBA, BS, MS or PhD in a life sciences related field
Physical Demands & Equipment Requirements:
- General office environment