908 Devices is democratizing chemical analysis by way of high
pressure mass spectrometry. We
make products ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to
compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices. Visit www.908devices.com
for more information.
We are looking to welcome more high-talent contributors to our team. You’ll have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and growth with a company at the forefront of the field.
You will work closely with our customers and prospects in the field to make them successful using the MX908 and related platforms for emergency response applications. You will support the Product, Sales, Service, and Training teams by managing field trials, developing best field practices, and authoring marketing materials.
· Establish strong relationships with customers through sound scientific expertise
· Develop sampling, analysis, and maintenance recommendations for HPMS systems
· Facilitate integration of HPMS systems into customer-specific applications
· Interface with product development teams to help define customer requirements
· Assist R&D in the development and refinement of HPMS system accessories, software, etc.
· Assist the Training Manager to develop and deliver advanced training materials, workshops, and atypical curricula
· Support or design field exercises to help capture product sales opportunities
· Write application notes, case studies, and related marketing materials to promote the Field Forensics business
· Assist inside sales and field sales representatives in responding to customer needs as they arise
· Contribute to overall 908 Devices team and initiatives outside of the day-to-day activities
· A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Physics or a related field is desired
· Experience with field-portable chemical detection & identification equipment is required
· Knowledge of hazardous materials and / or CBRNE response protocols is required
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is critical
· Excellent communication skills, confidence, and a ‘never let a ball drop’ mentality are a must
· The position is to be field based and willingness / ability to travel ~ 50% is expected
· 908 Devices is headquartered in Boston, MA
· The new hire will report to the 908 Devices' Director of Field Forensics Applications