The Connecticut RISE Network (RISE) is a Connecticut-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure all RISE high school students graduate with a plan and the skills and confidence to achieve college and career success. Founded in 2016, RISE partners with Connecticut public high schools to lead statewide networks where school communities work together to use data to learn and improve. We partner with school communities across the state to understand complex challenges, unpack data, pilot new innovations, and scale effective practices.
Today, the RISE Network represents a collaboration between nine high schools and eight public school districts that form our core partnership network, reaching over 13,000 students; the majority of RISE students identify as Black, Latinx, and/or low-income. RISE high schools work together to ensure all students experience success as they transition to, through, and beyond high school. Starting with a strong foundation in Grade 9, RISE high schools pursue school-wide improvements in Grades 9 through 12 that support college and career readiness, access, and success.
Position Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The RISE Program Evaluation & Analytics Specialist will play an integral role advancing RISE’s data-driven approach to improving student outcomes through quantitative and qualitative evaluations of program effectiveness. RISE is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to collect and analyze data and to communicate findings from these analyses to guide internal improvement. The RISE Program Evaluation & Analytics Specialist will develop systems of collecting and analyzing implementation data for RISE strategies, including the design and distribution of educator and student surveys. They will also be responsible for analyzing student outcome data, including student attendance, grades, and test scores. This individual will also aid with communicating findings to school partners through reports and presentations designed for educator professional development events. This represents an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is passionate about closing opportunity gaps and developing the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Engage with colleagues across RISE to understand their program evaluation and data analysis needs for driving continued learning and improvement.
● Design and implement program evaluation systems to collect, analyze, and report on the progress of RISE-supported strategies.
● Evaluate the impact and monitor implementation of programmatic activities designed to strengthen the middle to high school transition and increase postsecondary readiness, access, and success.
● Partner with other members of the RISE team to share findings and generate new insights to inform program design and student support.
● Use longitudinal data to help RISE staff and partners better understand trends over time, with a focus on identifying and addressing equity gaps in pursuit of RISE Network goals and strategies.
● Collaborate with the RISE Educator & Community Engagement Team to inform educator professional development and disseminate findings and lessons in service of cross-network learning and knowledge-sharing.
● Provide strategic input and direction for continued evolution of RISE’s program evaluation systems and processes.
● Support efforts to build out evaluation frameworks and systems aligned to RISE’s theory of change.
2. Data Collection & Analysis:
● Design and refine survey instruments and coordinate survey distribution to educators and students to facilitate data collection in partnership with the RISE program and data teams.
● Build and maintain systems for tracking implementation data for RISE’s shared network strategies in the areas of Grade 9 and postsecondary success.
● Conduct survey analyses and create reports on survey results to inform educator coaching and student support.
● Coordinate use of the survey platform and analytics tools across the organization, promoting best practices for survey design, implementation and analysis and identifying opportunities for improvement or enhancement to existing tools and platforms.
● Ensure data collection systems and procedures adhere to the highest standards of data security and privacy.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
● Ability to cultivate relationships and earn credibility with a diverse range of stakeholders.
● Training in statistics and quantitative research methods required. Experience or training in qualitative methods a plus.
● Knowledge of SQL, R, Stata, or some other statistical programming language.
● Knowledge of Key Survey, Qualtrics, or some other survey platform required. Knowledge and experience with qualitative analysis software such as Dedoose or NVivo a plus.
● Demonstrated proficiency with Excel.
● Demonstrated proficiency with Google apps.
● Ability to conduct data analyses and present results in a variety of written and visual formats.
● Ability to communicate technical and complex information to diverse audiences.
● Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results.
● Ability to work in an independent and self-motivated manner.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills and teamwork.
● Strong organizational and project management skills.
● Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and results-driven environment.
● Sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
● Strong belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels.
Required Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
● Prior experience in program evaluation and/or data analysis required. Prior experience working in a school, district, or similar K-12 educational context a plus.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer.