Location: New Haven, CT with some travel
The Connecticut RISE Network (RISE) is a Connecticut-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure all RISE high school students graduate with a plan and the skills and confidence to achieve college and career success. Founded in 2016, RISE partners with Connecticut public high schools to lead statewide networks where school communities work together to use data to learn and improve. We partner with school communities across the state to understand complex challenges, unpack data, pilot new innovations, and scale effective practices.
Today, the RISE Network represents a collaboration between nine high schools and eight public school districts that form our core partnership network, reaching over 13,000 students; the majority of RISE students identify as Black, Latinx, and/or low-income. RISE high schools work together to ensure all students experience success as they transition to, through, and beyond high school. Starting with a strong foundation in Grade 9, RISE high schools pursue school-wide improvements in Grades 9 through 12 that support college and career readiness, access, and success.
Position Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The RISE Applied Data Analyst will play an integral role supporting the Network’s strategic data usage, research and analytic functions. RISE is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to serve on a team collaborating with schools and districts to implement data tools, systems, and practices to improve student outcomes. This individual will generate summary reports of student data to share with external school partners and fulfill internal data requests within RISE to support educational programming. They will also assist with the creation of datasets to support research and program evaluation. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and is passionate about closing achievement gaps and developing the potential of all students regardless of life circumstance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Data Analytics and Reporting:
○ Organize, analyze and report data for RISE staff and school partners, generating new insights to inform program design, progress monitoring conversations, and student supports.
○ Use Google suite in addition to statistical software and programming languages (e.g. SQL, R) to analyze, visualize, and report data.
○ Generate regular school- and network-wide data reports aligned with RISE’s calendar of strategic data usage.
○ Respond to requests for additional data analysis by communicating findings in written and verbal formats, working with internal RISE stakeholders to understand the question(s) they are asking and what information can best support them to respond to programmatic opportunities and challenges.
○ Assist in supporting internal RISE teams to use data to monitor progress.
○ Provide additional training in using data tools and reports to both RISE staff and partners, as needed.
● Data Systems and Tools:
o Maintain and update code library and datasets for standardized reports using R and SQL.
o Support the design and implementation for a data request process for receiving, processing and responding to data requests from RISE staff and external partners.
o Provide quality assurance for data reports and products.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
● Familiarity with school data systems and prior experience working in a school, district, or similar K-12 educational context preferred.
● Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and Google apps.
● Knowledge of SQL and/or R required. Knowledge of Tableau, and Python desired.
● Experience with version control systems (preferably Git) preferred.
● Ability to conduct data analyses and present results in a variety of written and visual formats.
● Ability to communicate technical and complex information to diverse audiences.
● Ability to cultivate relationships and earn credibility with a diverse range of stakeholders.
● Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results.
● Ability to work in an independent and self-motivated manner.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills and teamwork.
● Strong organizational and project management skills.
● Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and results-driven environment.
● Sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
● Strong belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels.
Required Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
● Minimum of two years of relevant experience.
RISE is an equal opportunity employer.