Executive Assistant to the CEO
Reports To: CEO/Chief Hemp Officer
Direct Reports: None
Effective Date: January 20, 2019
The Executive Assistant serves as a true partner to the CEO, becoming his advocate according to his personal priorities and values, as well as those of the company. Given the company is in start-up mode a key focus in the first 90 days is to work closely with the CEO and GM in setting up the foundation systems to allow for rapid growth. Another aspect of the start-up environment is that anyone may be called upon to do whatever is necessary at the moment to get the job done.
The Executive Assistant administratively supports the CEO with duties including calendar administration, travel coordination, correspondence management, social media management, and personal assistant responsibilities. EA time allocation, subject to adjustments, is 50% to CEO and the balance of 50% split on projects supporting GM Rick Werner and the company social media, order entry and administrative functions.
This position will be the 8th hire for the company. The EA will work with the CEO to help set the company culture and values in this early phase.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Manage CEO’s calendar and coordinate appointments and meetings for business and social calendars
· Organize and maintain CEO’s contacts including telephone numbers, email addresses, and business addresses
· Track data, organize passwords, contacts, codes, manage phone accounts (i.e. activate/deactivate International usage plans as necessary), etc.
· Create computer/filing systems and handling phone/email inquiries
· Coordinate travel and hotel reservations, create travel packets and itineraries
· Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
· Assist CEO with preparation of presentation materials for Investors, press releases, and Board of Directors meetings.
· Manage and maintain company’s and CEO’s social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and website
· Help interface with company strategic partners as the firm grows to assist out sourcing various tasks
· Help maintain and update systems for the company including MS 365, Grasshopper (Phone), Slack, Zoom, ZenDesk, Drop Box, Amazon, etc.
· Work to refine and build out company PPT sales decks and flyers for use by the sales team
· Help create and write with CEO a weekly online B to C newsletter, bi-weekly B to B newsletter and 4-6 X a year longer form articles in medium.com
· Create a communication plan for our 1% of sales donation to Regen Agriculture
· Help the CEO create a growth plan and JDs for new future hires
· Coordinate semi-annual meetings for REB team members
· Exceedingly well-organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a growing office of diverse people and programs
· Personal values align with the organic lifestyle – Driven by a strong work ethic
· Can manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines
· Resourceful and can research across all media – Able to extract information and ask pertinent questions
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
· Excellent use of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar – Expert-level written and verbal communication as well as editing skills.
· Strong social media skills
· Excellent decision-making ability and attention to detail
· Can interact with team (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
· Ability to manage and influence people and get results through others
· Team-focused, enjoys working as part of an active group of highly engaged individuals, sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others
· Expert technical skills on both Mac and PC, adept at Microsoft Office Suite
· Creative and skilled with PowerPoint presentations
· Comfortable in a flexible sometimes chaotic start-up environment
· Self-manages and works independently with little supervision
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Data entry and significant computer keyboard work
· Flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings
NOTE: This position will be housed in the REB offices in Boulder CO. Applicants must be willing to commute to Boulder on a daily basis.
EXPECTATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
As a member of the team we expect you to be accountable for your actions, to challenge existing processes and to grow both professionally and personally. This means having the willingness to claim 100% ownership for results, both individually and collectively with others and to “think outside of the box” when it comes to processes, policies, and strategies. It also requires seeking out new knowledge and skills and assisting others in growing similarly.
As a member of the RE Botanicals’ team, you have a high sense of accountability, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are committed to lifelong professional and personal growth. You infuse your work with creativity and are committed to success for all teams not just your own - rolling up your sleeves to get work done and claiming 100% ownership for results (good, bad, and everything in between). You seek out new knowledge, refine your skills, and enjoy mentoring others to help them achieve their goals.
RE Botanicals is part of the solution to environmental issues by shifting agriculture to more regenerative, organic practices. We believe business plays an important role in creating a better world and expect our team members to embrace these efforts.