Stave, a fast-growing startup in cloud-based logistics and supply chain software helps our customers digitalize their business operations from procurement, asset and inventory management, and operations to enable regular users to operate digitally and allow businesses to achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Stave delivers cloud-based apps, built on ServiceNow, that enables customers to drive greater visibility into and control over how they run their business.
At Stave, we’re building a great company that is laser-focused on our mission: Business Apps for Everyday Users that Simplifies Work and our Core Values: Build Great Software, Get Stuff Done, Grow or Die, and Be Awesome. Our Mission Statement and Core Values drive our everyday work life and team-oriented focus. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for our products. Your job will be to articulate the business value and intent of product features and releases. You are the ‘go-to’ product expert. The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent communicator and possesses experience within the product management business processes and functions.
The goal of this resource is to collaborate with Engineering leadership, Sales and Marketing in the continued development of Stave products. This position will also work to develop products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
- Work with the Engineering Leadership team to implement and deliver products
- Pursue inorganic approaches to deliver solutions where appropriate
- Collaborate with outbound product management, Marketing, and Pre/Post Sales teams for cementing product success
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 5+ years of product management experience and/or equivalent experience
- Profound understanding and hands on experience with cloud-based solutions
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Thinks strategically, fast-learning and communicates with impact
- ServiceNow experienced applicants preferred