Who is Aztalan Bio?
Aztalan’s story is just beginning, and you can be part of it! ClonBio Group acquired Wisconsin’s largest ethanol plant in 2022 located in the village of Aztalan, just outside Jefferson, WI. The facility will process 40 million bushels of locally grown feed corn per year, turning that into food-grade corn oil, vegetable protein concentrates and isolates for food applications, aquaculture feeds, renewable natural gas, organic fertilizer, ethanol, and dietary fiber for foods, among other things. We are scheduled to start the facility in the fall of 2023 and are currently hiring!
Aztalan’s sister facility, Pannonia Bio in Hungary is one of the most technologically advanced grain biorefineries in the world. Over the next several years, Aztalan will invest hundreds of millions of dollars into a biorefinery transformation every bit as innovative as Pannonia’s but uniquely suited to Wisconsin’s strengths. Aztalan Bio is owned by ClonBio Group who is family-owned and invests in their people for long-term success. We have a dedicated internal team of engineers and scientists from 23 countries and 5 continents, an investment in people that explains why ClonBio’s biorefineries are so technologically advanced.
The Maintenance Foreman/Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a team of Maintenance staff to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the manufacturing processes. This role will oversee the maintenance process, monitor employees' performance, and provide guidance and support as necessary to ensure facility targets are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate the work of a team to ensure maintenance goals are met and production is not slowed down.
- Monitor employees' performance and attendance, and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Plan and implement equipment maintenance strategies that improve reliability, uptime, and safety.
- Train and develop employees to improve their skills and knowledge in their roles.
- Interact with production to ensure maximum uptime.
- Manage contractors and inspectors to fulfill requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate workforce according to daily requirements.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and protocols, including the use of personal protective equipment and adherence to safety policies.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and management to ensure that maintenance schedules are met accordingly.
- Certification or degree from Trade School is required; Bachelors degree in Engineering, Operations, or a similar field is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of industrial plant maintenance management experience.
- Proficient in stick welding processes on stainless steel.
- Working knowledge of computers is necessary to work with spreadsheets, word processing, email along with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Technical and organization skills required to order and maintain parts and records on each piece of equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills will be required to communicate with craftsmen within the department on job plans and work with the other departments on schedules and maintenance plans.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in manufacturing setting
Aztalan Bio LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.