Who is Aztalan Bio?
Aztalan’s story is just beginning, and you can be part of it! ClonBio Group acquired Wisconsin’s largest ethanol plant in 2022 located in the village of Aztalan, just outside Jefferson, WI. The facility will process 40 million bushels of locally grown feed corn per year, turning that into food-grade corn oil, vegetable protein concentrates and isolates for food applications, aquaculture feeds, renewable natural gas, organic fertilizer, ethanol, and dietary fiber for foods, among other things. We are scheduled to start the facility in the fall of 2023 and are currently hiring!
Aztalan’s sister facility, Pannonia Bio in Hungary is one of the most technologically advanced grain biorefineries in the world. Over the next several years, Aztalan will invest hundreds of millions of dollars into a biorefinery transformation every bit as innovative as Pannonia’s but uniquely suited to Wisconsin’s strengths. Aztalan Bio is owned by ClonBio Group who is family-owned and invests in their people for long-term success. We have a dedicated internal team of engineers and scientists from 23 countries and 5 continents, an investment in people that explains why ClonBio’s biorefineries are so technologically advanced.
The Materials Handler at Aztalan Bio is responsible for unloading corn from incoming deliveries. In addition, the person in this role is responsible for loading corn by-products for outbound deliveries. The person in this role works with a team to ensure that deliveries and shipments are completed in a timely manner while maintaining quality and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload corn from trucks to the proper storage location at the facility.
- Load corn by-products into trucks meeting all federal, state, and local regulations
- Operate conveyors, meters, and bulk weighers to facilitate product loading.
- Operate loading equipment to receive and deliver products including front-end loaders and lifts.
- Compare load orders to actual loads to ensure the precision of the transport.
- Perform any preventative and maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain a high level of work environment sanitation.
- Provide excellent customer service while displaying a positive and professional attitude.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in shipping and receiving or as a material handler is preferred.
- Experience with the operation of front-end loaders, forklift trucks, man lifts, and related material handling equipment preferred.
- Experience working in an industrial environment or grain elevator preferred.
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
- Experience with standard computer software programs like Microsoft Office Suite.
$21.00-$28.00 per hour depending on experience