Who is Aztalan Bio?
Aztalan’s story is just beginning, and you can be part of it! ClonBio Group acquired Wisconsin’s largest ethanol plant in 2022 located in the village of Aztalan, just outside Jefferson, WI. The facility will process 40 million bushels of locally grown feed corn per year, turning that into food-grade corn oil, vegetable protein concentrates and isolates for food applications, aquaculture feeds, renewable natural gas, organic fertilizer, ethanol, and dietary fiber for foods, among other things. We are scheduled to start the facility in the fall of 2023 and are currently hiring!
Aztalan’s sister facility, Pannonia Bio in Hungary is one of the most technologically advanced grain biorefineries in the world. Over the next several years, Aztalan will invest hundreds of millions of dollars into a biorefinery transformation every bit as innovative as Pannonia’s but uniquely suited to Wisconsin’s strengths. Aztalan Bio is owned by ClonBio Group who is family-owned and invests in their people for long-term success. We have a dedicated internal team of engineers and scientists from 23 countries and 5 continents, an investment in people that explains why ClonBio’s biorefineries are so technologically advanced.
The Production/Process Operator oversees the daily operation of an assigned area of the production process within the plant. Working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule while maintaining a safe work environment. Monitors and maintains production quality and equipment, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoot, anticipate and correct problems associated with plant operations. May need to inspect different areas of the plant to locate problems.
- Review the slurry and fermentation process to ensure accuracy and the highest quality of product. (Slurry Operator)
- Review the distillation and evaporation process to ensure accuracy and the highest quality of the product. Certification of the ethanol before it can be transported. (D&E Operator)
- Document and monitor process variables, sample data and routine tasks as required for position, to ensure plant operations are maintained within operating parameters.
- Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Communicate with the lab to anticipate or remedy any problems to ensure the highest quality and optimize the facility’s efficiency.
- Communicate with the maintenance department to anticipate or fix problems in a timely manner. Prepare equipment to ensure it is safe for maintenance/contractors to perform scheduled work.
- Handle chemicals according to the MSDS safety sheets.
- Cross train with other operators to assure adequate coverage during unexpected interruptions in the plant. May need to watch the boards when a supervisor has to step away.
- Participate in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Perform scheduled Operations Work Requests as requested by Supervisor or Plant Management.
- Participate in safety, health, and environmental programs (LOTO-lock out tag out, Safe Work Permit, FSMA-Food Safety Modernization Act). Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure safe work practices and plant cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned to maintain a safe, reliable, and consistent operation.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 Years’ relevant experience.
- Associate degree in Process Technology or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in an Ethanol Processing plant preferred.
- Able to read, understand and follow standard operating procedures for operation of plant and associated equipment.
- Basic computer operation and data entry skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, multi-tasking, and problem skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Medical insurance with generous employer contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company-paid disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Company-paid holidays
- 12-hour shifts
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Production/Manufacturing (Required)
Work Location: In person