SENIOR LAB TECHNICIAN
WHO WE ARE
Hound Labs is a point-of-care health technology company that combines science and technology in novel ways to improve health and wellness. The Company believes its ultra-sensitive and portable technologies will pave the way to practical and fair solutions for some of the leading public health and safety issues. Hound Labs’ point-of-care solutions include the HOUND® COVID-19 BREATHALYZER, which captures breath samples on-location for laboratory identification of Covid-19. The Oakland-based company was founded in 2014 by a team including CEO Dr. Mike Lynn, an ER physician, reserve deputy sheriff, and former venture capitalist. Benchmark, Icon Ventures, Intrinsic Capital Partners, Main Street Advisors, NFP Ventures, and individual investors have funded the Company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hound Labs is seeking a highly motivated R&D Technician to support our dynamic and rapidly growing R&D teams. The R&D Technician will be contributing to the successful workflow in the lab by supporting basic lab duties. This position will report to the VP of Biotechnology and will interact daily with scientific staff. Full-time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week Monday-Friday.
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area (Newark, CA)
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Monitor inventory of lab reagents and supplies; submit order requests as appropriate
· Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain overall cleanliness of lab areas
· Wash and sterilize labware
· Perform routine laboratory tasks and assist scientists and/or engineers as necessary
· Data entry
· Assist with human subject testing using our breath capture devices
· Must be willing to learn how to use rapid prototyping equipment and perform simple assembly of medical devices
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 1 year experience (will consider a high school diploma + 5 years of experience)
· Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork and communication skills
· Must be detail-oriented
· Strong time management skills required
· Ability to read and follow assembly instructions, MPIs, etc.
· Ability to work independently and quickly with minimum supervision
· Must be up for learning new things with a positive attitude
· Must be proficient in English with the ability to read, write, analyze/evaluate charts, follow simple diagrams and perform basic arithmetic
· Proficiency in MS Excel is required
· Ability to perform physically demanding work such as moving and lifting equipment, standing for long periods of time, etc.
Diversity is important at Hound Labs. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.