WHO WE ARE
Hound Labs is a point-of-care health technology company that combines science and technology in novel ways to improve health and wellness. The Company believes its ultra-sensitive and portable technologies will pave the way to practical and fair solutions for some of the leading public health and safety issues. Hound Labs’ point-of-care solutions include the HOUND® MARIJUANA BREATHALYZER2, which allows employers and law enforcement to identify recent marijuana use rapidly and accurately by testing breath on-site, and the HOUND® COVID-19 BREATHALYZER, which captures breath samples on-location for laboratory identification of Covid-19. The Oakland-based company was founded in 2014 by a team including CEO Dr. Mike Lynn, an ER physician, reserve deputy sheriff, and former venture capitalist. Benchmark, Icon Ventures, Intrinsic Capital Partners, Main Street Advisors, NFP Ventures, and individual investors have funded the Company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hound Labs seeks a Scientist to join our team as we create leading edge diagnostic systems and applications. The Scientist will support the R&D efforts for the conception and evaluation of new technologies and applications as well as for the development and optimization of commercial products through experimentation, testing, and data analysis. The Scientist will work closely with other members of the R&D team in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and collaborative environment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform experiments and tests in support of development activities and evaluation of new platform technologies
- Data reporting, interpretation, and trending
- Operation and basic maintenance of lab equipment
- Design experiments and create test protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Bioengineering, or related technical discipline
- Minimum 0 - 2 years relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced research environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with fundamental lab techniques (e.g. pipetting, titration, etc.)
- Experience operating plate readers
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and learn new techniques
- Experience working on medical devices and/or diagnostic or life science instrumentation
- Familiarity with BSL-2 protocols and best-practices
- Familiarity with GLP
Diversity is important at Hound Labs. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.