DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE MARKETING
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2014 in Oakland, California, Hound Labs, Inc. is a point-of-care health technology company that has developed ultra-sensitive and portable solutions for the measurement and identification of minute concentrations of particles and pathogens that until now required large-scale and expensive diagnostic equipment. The Company’s point-of-care solutions include the HOUND® MARIJUANA BREATHALYZER, which allows employers and law enforcement to rapidly identify recent marijuana use while on-site, and the HOUND® COVID-19 BREATHALYZER, which captures breath samples on-location for laboratory identification of COVID-19 in breath.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Corporate Marketing will be a remote based position that will currently report to the
Chief Marketing Officer. This role will help to lead the corporate marketing team and initiatives that
include (but are not limited to) – brand management and identity, media relations, management of
design resources, thought leadership, oversight of all corporate communications, and coordination with product marketing (tradeshows and events, integrated campaigns, advertising, and sponsorships,).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Continuously monitor and evolve the brand to achieve optimal positioning with prospects,
customers and all stakeholders
• As the advocate-leader for a stronger corporate brand, develop deeper quantitative and
qualitative insights into brand health and perception. Use insights to shape action and
proactively strengthen Hound Labs’ positioning and identity in market for our customers.
• Design and execute a thought leadership strategy. Manage and create content to support
thought leadership and demand generation.
• Develop and execute media relations strategy.
• Manage creative teams to responsible for helping shape foundational brand assets, tools, and
• Engage and partner with leaders to align customer segment and corporate priorities, and
coordinate messaging, campaigns, thought leadership and growth initiatives for the company.
• Continue to differentiate Hound Labs in the market, establish thought leadership, and position
the company for competitive advantage.
• Evolve all aspects of corporate communications including web site, newsletters, etc.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team to strengthen the Hound Labs employer brand and to
develop brand in health technology.
• Support internal communications and internal corporate reporting.
• Establish processes to efficiently scale marketing organization.
• MBA in Marketing, Business, Communications or related discipline is required
• 10 + years’ experience in Marketing and/or Communications and at least 7 years of
• Strength in developing effective partnerships with executives, leaders, technical team members
and engineers, and other stakeholders
• Excellent communication and storytelling skills – both written and verbal
• Acute sense of ownership and accountability, as well as the ability to influence and persuade
internal and external partners
• Self-starter who can balance ownership of decisions with the need to elevate key details for input
• Skillful in adapting and working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment –flexibility to
find innovative ways to accomplish work; excellent project management skills; and ability to
manage multiple, complex projects at the same time
• Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships in a matrix environment; strong
problem solving and collaborating skills at all levels of the organization
• Proven understanding of product marketing and sales support
• Extensive experience with product marketing and media relations and comfort writing press
materials to support work with PR agency
• Impeccable sense of design
• Proficiency with the latest marketing and communication technologies
• Deep experience with Microsoft Office products including proficiency with PowerPoint
• Professional maturity, sound judgement, and proven ability to handle confidential information
• Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with changing priorities
• Preferred but not required, experience in the Drug Testing Industry