WHO WE ARE
Hound Labs is a breath technology company that has developed ultra-sensitive technology for non- invasive breath measurement. Utilizing this groundbreaking technology, the Hound® marijuana breathalyzer is the world’s first breathalyzer to rapidly, accurately, and inexpensively measure recent marijuana use and alcohol in a person’s breath. The Hound breathalyzer is intended for law enforcement, employer, and insurance purposes only. Founded in 2014, the Oakland-based company was created by Dr. Mike Lynn, an ER physician, reserve deputy sheriff, and former venture capitalist, his co-founder, Mr. Kuni Oh, a patent attorney with a deep background in engineering and science, and his co-founder, Ms. Jenny Lynn, a business executive with twenty years of experience launching new ventures. Benchmark, Icon Ventures, Intrinsic Capital Partners, Main Street Advisors, NFP Ventures, and individual investors have funded the Company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hound Labs seeks a Scientist to join our team as we create leading edge diagnostic systems and applications. The Scientist will support the R&D efforts for the conception and evaluation of new technologies and applications as well as for the development and optimization of commercial products through experimentation, testing, and data analysis. The Scientist will work closely with other members of the R&D team in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and collaborative environment.
· Perform experiments and tests in support of development activities and evaluation of new platform technologies
· Data reporting, interpretation, and trending
· Operation and basic maintenance of lab equipment
· Design experiments and create test protocols
· Manage test programs
· Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Bioengineering, or related technical discipline
· Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Self-motivated, detailed oriented, and highly organized
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced research environment.
· Demonstrated proficiency with fundamental lab techniques (e.g. pipetting, titration, etc.)
· Experience operating plate readers
· Ability to quickly acquire new skills and learn new technique
· Experience working on medical devices and/or diagnostic or life science instrumentation
· Familiarity with BSL-2 protocols and best-practices
· Familiarity with GLP
· Familiarity with LC Mass Spectroscopy
· Ability to move boxes up to 25 pounds
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time
· Ability to use computer and telecommunications equipment
· Ability to travel as needed, domestic and globally
Diversity is important at Hound Labs. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.