Who Upgrade Labs is...
Ever feel frustrated you can’t quite reach your health or fitness goals? Maybe you sense that with access to the same tools and guidance of a professional athlete you could. At Upgrade Labs we combine our understanding of human performance, our proprietary data platform and the technologies being used by those at the top of their game to help our members achieve the results they deserve.
Working in technology at Upgrade Labs…
At Upgrade Labs we believe that technology plays a key part in the future of wellness and using technology we can create a unique data-driven member experience unmatched by any other wellness facility. To get there we believe in
- A lean product
- Rapid product iteration and testing
- Open discussion and empowering everyone to make decisions
- Using technology as the “Operating System” for our brick and mortar business
We’re building software to drive an integrated physical and digital service interaction. We want our customers to move seamlessly from their visit to the lab, through going home excited and entering their goals and learning what they’ll be doing in the next session, using digital, data driven, recommendations of the improvements we want to drive in their physiology.
Our Product Designer will...
Design the software that drives our member interactions. This includes both the UI and the UX of the product as well having significant input on the product direction. We’re focused on empowering our technicians in our labs with data, so you’ll be collecting feedback rapidly from your team members using the software you design on the front lines.
We’re a lean team so you’ll be creating the foundational design components and behaviors that will bring Upgrade Labs from two locations to thousands.
Key Responsibilities of the position…
- Design thoughtful software solutions to our business problems, translating ideas into engaging user experiences
- Work closely with employees in the Lab facilities to find better ways to create a superlative lab experience through software
- Work with the engineering team to develop style-guide and a comprehensive UI toolkit
- Minimum 4 years designing web and customer facing software
- A profile of work demonstrating ability to deliver both mobile and web focused products
- Experience in user centered design and detailed interaction design
- Love for working on problems from a strategy level to a detailed design level
- Strong prototyping skills both traditional and rapid
- Exceptional communication skills and capability of developing trust and rapport with stakeholders
- Experience with modern design tools like Principle, , Sketch, and Zeppelin
We’d also love it if
- You have experience with writing HTML when we need a pinch hitter on our website
- You have experience with big data applications
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a related
Does this describe you…
- You focus on making progress every day
- You love carrying people along with you as you iterate towards a software vision
- You understand how to differentiate between what stakeholders say they want and what they want
- Passion for our mission of bringing improved Health/Wellness/Fitness outcomes to the world empowering humans to become superhumans.
- You have a “whatever it takes” mentality and want to get your hands dirty wherever you’re needed most