U.S. Farmers & Ranchers in Action (USFRA) is actively seeking a Senior Director of Partnership Development to lead our organization’s fundraising and partner relationships efforts. This is a remote position open to anywhere in the United States. The Senior Director of Partnership Development will be the lead of USFRA’s partnership strategy development, and fundraising efforts, working in concert with the CEO, senior leadership team and Partnership Development staff. The Senior Director will set a clear, ambitious, and attainable vision for fundraising by creating an integrated fundraising plan, leading the Partnership Development team, coordinating with the senior leadership team and working directly with existing and new partners. Balancing renewals and growth of existing portfolio while identifying and engaging new targets is a core focus.
The Senior Director will also support the development of new funding targets and programs for engaging partners. The Senior Director of Partnership Development should be a self-starter with a general passion for sustainability and the contributions the food and ag sector can make towards a net zero economy. The ideal candidate will be a consummate relationship builder, with excellent communication skills, ability to define and meet ambitious goals, and integrate efforts with colleagues in marketing, communications and programs to further the mission and vision of USFRA.
Essential to the role is a commitment to learning, adaptability, innovation, and teamwork.
U.S. Farmers & Ranchers in Action (USFRA), is a mission-based and mission-driven 501(c)3 organization. USFRA believes America’s farmers and ranchers have the unique ability to spur innovation and provide climate-smart solutions. USFRA is creating a powerful network of leaders and changemakers across the food value chain to co-create a shared vision of the future and create collaborative initiatives to make our vision a reality. We believe farmers uniquely contribute to nourishing our planet, people, and natural resources. Our focus is creating a proactive collaboration among the best minds in food, agriculture, science, and technology to co-create solutions that will result in environmental, social, and economic sustainability. Learn more at www.usfarmersandranchers.org
Duties and Responsibilities
• Strategy: Define ambitious and integrated annual fundraising plan to increase budget year over year from a post-Covid baseline of $5 million, outline key strategies, establish financial goals, set timelines, and align prospects for all fundraising efforts, including: corporate and organization giving, project-specific support, event sponsorship, foundation grants, and major gifts.
• Prospect Pipeline Development: Build and grow pipeline of 50 plus partners and strategic alliances with an increasingly broad approach to grow beyond USFRA’s traditional constituents. Provide research and background on potential funders, evaluate opportunities, prioritize, outline approach and activate.
• Relationship Management: Develop and grow relationships for USFRA with a broad array of existing and potential donors, from prospect identification, research, evaluation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship. Ensure all partners are fully integrated into USFRA’s efforts, programs and activities throughout the year.
• Plan Implementation: Oversee, coordinate, adapt and provide hands-on support to execute the plan. Solicit and secure unrestricted annual gifts in the range of $5,000 to $250,000 with plus-ups for specific initiatives.
• Fundraising Communications Tools: Support, in tandem with USFRA’s communications team, the conceptualization, design and development of a wide array of fundraising communications materials including: program concepts, PowerPoint pitch decks, proposals, letters, emails, etc.
• Track Operations, KPIs and Metrics: Build, optimize and continuously manage internal systems for capturing metrics related to relationship development, progression, solicitation and stewardship.
• Engage Senior Leaders: Work with the CEO and key staff to successfully execute the fundraising plan and key strategies; activate their robust network of relationships; provide background and guidance on meetings, conduct all follow up and provide general counsel on all Partnership Development activities. Work with the Board of Directors on activating their relationships and support their engagement with USFRA.
• Lead the Partnership Development Team: Provide thought leadership, strategy development, senior leadership team integration, and day-to-day coaching to a team of 4 professionals
• Support USFRA’s Mission: Work in close concert with USFRA colleagues to support the mission, growth and success of the organization. Be an active and engaged member of the team. Participate in and support USFRA meetings, webinars and events.
• Innate passion and understanding of sustainability and climate issues and movement
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with senior leaders, stakeholders and partner organizations
• Consummate relationship builder: with colleagues, staff members, partners, donors and friends of USFRA
• Strong project management capabilities including planning and implementing all aspects of a broad-spectrum project (scope, resources (financial and human), and time management, with choice point management and goal orientation
• Self-Starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who has the ability to navigate ambiguity to achieve results
• Extremely organized with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Proven results in meeting deadlines consistently
• Flexible and able to work in a start-up environment
• Consummate collaborator and adept at working across multiple teams both internally and externally
• Ability to take direction and channel it into progressive work
• Ability to excel in internal and external environments
• Results oriented
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising, with increasing levels of responsibility; experience leading teams
• 5+ years experience in leadership fundraising role, with track record of integrating efforts with organizational program, marketing and communications goals
• Proven track record of generating major gifts, with a proven track record in developing successful relationships with high-net-worth institutional funders.
• Experience in the fields of agriculture, food and/or sustainability is strongly desired
• Experience leading and managing a professional team: coaching staff members; defining strategies; setting process objectives, timelines and clear metrics; and building a goal-oriented culture
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Professional
• Working knowledge of Zoom, SharePoint, Box, CRMs, Salesforce and Monday.com
Phone calls will not be accepted. Contact from recruitment agencies will also not be accepted.
This position will require 15 – 20% domestic travel throughout the year. Currently travel is on hold due to COVID.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.