The Pat Tillman Foundation (PTF) unites and empowers remarkable military veterans and spouses as the next generation of public and private sector leaders committed to service beyond self. Inspired by Pat Tillman, who proudly put his NFL career with the Arizona Cardinals on hold to serve his country, family and friends established the Pat Tillman Foundation following Pat’s death in April 2004 while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Afghanistan. Over the last 15 years, the Pat Tillman Foundation has supported over 640 Tillman Scholars as they’ve furthered their education and increased their professional impact in the world.
PTF seeks an experienced and dynamic Digital Engagement Manager/Senior Manager to execute national programs designed to unite and empower the Tillman Scholar community of over 640 remarkable military veterans and spouses dedicated to making an impact in the world. The Digital Engagement Manager/Senior Manager will serve on the 6-person Programs Team to create, manage, and deliver a national program of educational scholarships, in-person and on-line networking, a series of leadership development opportunities, and annual events.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. If you believe you have the skills to succeed in this role, regardless of industry, we encourage you to apply.
Who You Are
● Driven and Adaptable. You want to leverage the skills you’ve built over your at least 7-years of experience, whether in the non-profit programming space or elsewhere, that demonstrate exceptional vision and effective management.
● Inspired and Inspirational. You are moved by the selfless sacrifice of our country’s veterans and their families, even if you didn’t serve personally. You love working with people and know how to excite them about maximizing the opportunities available to the Tillman Scholar community as well as the broader work of the Pat Tillman Foundation. You love turning big, inspiring ideas into reality as well as measuring their effectiveness.
● Highly Organized. You are a systems thinker who can manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately to produce high-quality results quickly and on time. You create and manage clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of your team.
● Detail-Oriented. You are highly efficient and detailed with data, customer-service practices, software, tools and policies as well as customer relationship management (CRM) lists and software. You can use these tools in conjunction with your own leadership abilities to create impactful ways and means to operationalize organizational strategies, particularly in the realm of digital community engagement.
● Well-spoken (and written). You are a clear, efficient, and effective communicator with exceptional oral, written, and customer service communication skills.
● Passionate. You care about making a difference in the world, and want to support veterans and their families working at an impactful level across sectors including health, law, business, policy, academia, government, and defense. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
What You’ll Do
Digital Community Building
● Manage the Tillman Scholar Community’s on-line directory and discussion forum (Tillman Connect provided through People Grove)
● Manage the Pat Tillman’s Foundation digital database (provided through Salesforce) of Tillman Scholars to foster meaningful connections and identify future opportunities for the Tillman Scholar community
● Assist the Scholarships Manager and the Programs Manager to facilitate a healthy, connected network of remarkable veterans and spouses, which requires consistent contact and relationship building within the Tillman Scholar community
● Work with the Programs Team to identify and develop future engagement and professional development opportunities and activities
● Work within the Pat Tillman Foundation Community to develop professional development opportunities for Tillman Scholars
Synchronization and Synthesis Within the Programs Team
● Assist the Scholarships Manager in executing the Tillman Scholar application and selection process
● Assist the Program Managers in administering the Tillman Scholar Professional Development Opportunity (SPDO) Funds
● Synchronize and synthesize the efforts of the Programs and Scholarship Team to maximize current and projected programmatic offerings to the Tillman Scholar community
● Assist the Director of Programs and Scholarships as needed with program-related initiatives
● Serve as primary editor and compiler of the monthly on-line Tillman Scholar Newsletter
● Collaborate with other departments on program-related web, marketing and media content to include drafting program-related updates (anecdotes, quotes and data) for various outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, the PTF Website, Tillman Connect, and the monthly TS Newsletter
● Monitor the engagement and participation levels of all Tillman Scholars
● Monitor the use and substantive connections facilitated by Tillman Connect, the Tillman Scholar community’s on-line directory and discussion forum
● Partner with teammates to improve data management practices
This position will report to the Director of Programs and Scholarships and can be located in New York City or Chicago. Routine seasonal travel is required -- particularly during the Tillman Scholar selection process (which ranges from April - June). The position is available immediately.