The ISA Communications intern will assist the internal communications team on a wide variety of projects, such as editorial writing and social media content creation.
This internship offers the opportunity to gain valuable skills, network, and learn about ag communications efforts in the independent non-profit agricultural commodity space.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, writing, investigative, interpersonal, and communicative skills, and be able to work on and prioritize multiple concurrent projects both independently and with a team.
This program is designed to engage you in day-to-day activities and projects contributing towards our team and strategic goals of the association, as well as apply what you have learned in the educational settings to actual business situations.
• Contribute to blog posts
• Create engaging content for all social media platforms
• Participate in the monthly magazine writing, proofreading, and editing process
• Assist with meeting and event planning as needed
• Attend various organization events, including outreach and education efforts, photo and video shoots, and staff and board meetings
• Other responsibilities as requested
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational, time management, and teamwork ability
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student with junior or senior status for the 2022-2023 school year
• Have an interest in ag communications and ag-related affairs
• Demonstrate social media management skills
• Have excellent research, writing, and interpersonal skills