IL Corn is seeking two Communications Interns to join our team in the summer of 2020.
The purpose of the ICMB Communications & Marketing Internship is to provide an opportunity for a student to gain experience in the field of ag communications. The intern will develop time management skills, independency, and teamwork focus as he/she manages a range of communications and marketing functions that support ICMB goals.
- Public Relations, marketing, and communications support
- Manage and update IL Corn social media channels
- Analyze data regarding online activity to optimize IL Corn outreach
- Conceptualization, writing, and production of short educational or satirical videos
- Creation and delivery of short educational programs on IL corn industry
- A qualified applicant will be available to work in the Illinois Corn Marketing Board home office in Bloomington, IL, Monday-Friday, from 8 am – 4:30 pm.
- This internship will commence on May 26, 2020 and will end on August 14, 2020.
- This internship will provide the right candidate with a portfolio of work to be shared with future employers and demonstrable qualifications and experience.
- Interns will have the opportunity to interact with association professionals, educators, and a wide cross section of agricultural leaders.
- Must be a full-time college student
- Must exhibit strong communication and leadership skills
- Must have a driver’s license, reliable transportation, and be willing to travel to functions
- A genuine interest in the Illinois corn and agriculture industry
- Evidence of skills in social media marketing, video production and/or graphic design (attach in application)