The ICMB Intern will work in the following areas:
• Public Relations, Marketing and Communications support.
• Conceptualization, writing, and production of short educational or satirical videos for YouTube on corn products and issues.
• Conceptualization and production of graphics and memes for use in IL Corn education materials or online social media applications.
• The Intern will work in the Bloomington, IL, office of the IL Corn Marketing Board, Monday – Friday, normal office hours.
• Must be available to start no later than (may start any Monday in May) May 28, 2019 and work through August 9, 2019 or longer if it suits the candidate’s class schedule.
• Interns will have the opportunity to interact with association
professionals, educators, and a wide cross section of Agricultural leaders.
• The Intern will be allowed reimbursement of expenses (mileage, hotel, meals, etc.) related to all pre-approved ICMB activities.
• The Intern is encouraged to investigate and seek credit hours for the internship through his or her school and necessary requirements for that credit will be facilitated by IL Corn staff.
The ICMB Intern:
• Must be an Illinois resident and full time college student, enrolled for the Fall 2019 semester.
• Must exhibit strong communication and leadership skills.
• Must have a driver’s license, reliable transportation and be willing to travel to functions.
• Must submit a completed application.
• A good working knowledge of Illinois agriculture.
• Preference will be given to students entering their Junior year or higher.
Evidence of skills in graphic design and video production