Dermavant Sciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative therapies for inflammatory skin diseases and medical dermatologic conditions. We are passionate and dedicated to realizing the full potential of biomedical research and to developing and commercializing novel first-in-class or best-in-class therapies that improve patients’ lives. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
The Senior Product Manager, Marketing, will report directly to the Senior Director, Marketing, Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis Franchise, and be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies, annual marketing plans, key messages, sales force materials, field programs, and agency management. He/she will also be involved in the design and analysis of market research, testing, and application of the results. The role requires the ability to accurately manage and track a detailed promotional budget, set program metrics, and analyze results and ROI performance. The Senior Product Manager will partner cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, the Field Sales Force, Sales Learning & Development, Operations, Market Access, and Trade to gain alignment and achievement of key marketing and sales initiatives. This person will also be directly involved in the overall commercial strategy to ensure continuous quality improvement of Dermavant’s end-to-end operating environment.
This role also requires a strong customer focus and proven ability to build and establish effective working relationships with key KOLs and HCPs, a strong work ethic, a proactive, results oriented approach, and experience with professional marketing strategy and sales force execution.
- Work with the Senior Director, Marketing, Psoriasis and Atopic Dermatitis Franchise to develop and implement product strategies, marketing plans, and promotional programs ensuring that Company goals and expectations are met.
- Leads development of product marketing plans by preparing objectives, strategies, and tactics, including short and long-term strategies.
- Recommends product line extensions, forecasting, pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, labeling revisions, clinical studies, manufacturing and customer service/operations support for existing product line(s) which would ultimately build the value of the product line and maximize product line earnings.
- Optimizes brand goals and objectives by evaluating competitors’ products and by determining market share and market trends; keeps others informed by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations.
- Develops product-oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, product updates and content for corporate marketing vehicles such as web sites, brochures and seminars.
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with strategic industry experts, field visits with key HCPs, participation in key meetings and conferences to ensure company and products are perceived superior relative to the competition.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure a high quality of sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key HCP/key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive.
- Establishes and maintains key close professional relationships with internal and external constituents to stay abreast of new market opportunities. Continually pushes for new innovations within existing product line.
- Monitors forecasts as necessary and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure product availability throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Maintains up-to-date product and industry knowledge by regular review of the literature, co-traveling with field sales personnel, attending conferences, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- 5-8+ years product management experience in life sciences, including proven success building and executing marketing strategic and tactical plans and working with closely with the field sales team.
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead in a cross functional environment, as well as the ability to assess trade-offs and synergies among projects.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, specifically marketing and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated digital and social media marketing skills.
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, planning, marketing, and product development.
What we look for in our people:
- Highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to personal and career development.
- Desire to work in a quickly changing and fast-paced growing business.
- Unrelenting dedication to delivering results and a desire to shape the strategic goals of the business. Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to overcome ambiguity and challenge the status quo
- Manage multiple programs with competing and aggressive time lines, prioritize activities, and work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experienced presenter of key messages to broad audiences including Senior Stakeholders
As an equal opportunity employer, Dermavant is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.