EV Connect is seeking a QA Manager who shares our passion for electric vehicles and their ability to positively impact transportation, air quality and energy independence for generations to come. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and mentoring QA engineers, deep knowledge of industry best practices in testing, tools and automation, and supporting feature development through active participation in EV Connect’s product development lifecycle. EV Connect provides the world’s most flexible, open, and standards- based cloud platform for managing the EV charging ecosystem, including a comprehensive management platform on which charging network operators, site owners and fleet operators can build advanced service offerings, and applications to enable drivers to easily find, access, and securely pay for EV charging.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support and Operations teams to ensure products and features developed for EV Connect’s EV Cloud platform and related customer products and services meet high standards and expectations for quality in form and function.
- Champion, evangelize, and incorporate best practices in the discipline of software testing and quality assurance.
- Identify gaps in the quality assurance and testing processes, recommend and implement solutions, investigate and qualify tools, develop or adopt test frameworks and techniques, and drive continuous improvement.
- Work with a variety of EV charging station brands, models and firmware versions to ensure compatibility in integration and certification with EV Connect’s cloud-based services.
- Work with 3rd party station operator networks to ensure the integrity and compatibility of roaming integrations.
- Review business and operating analytics generated, collected and aggregated from a variety of sources to ensure quality and data integrity.
- Develop in-depth product knowledge in order to advise on risks and quality improvements in UI/UX, architecture and design, and implementation.
- Monitor team performance, recruit and mentor QA team members and contract professionals, and liaise between cross-functional teams.
- Engage in hands on development of manual and automated test plans, scripts and scenarios, and execution of automated, functional, integration, performance/load/stress and end-To-end testing.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to coordinate product launches and deployment activities.
- Define quality assurance metrics and performance benchmarks.
- Support multiple Scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for incorporating testing.
- Establish checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues.
- Validate/replicate reported production defects, taking steps to triage and make value/ judgement calls in priority and severity of issues discovered.
- 8+ years of experience in QA roles - management experience required
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to support multiple delivery teams
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies and disciplines including triaging, debugging, automating, and testing
- Experience working with Cloud/SaaS environments like AWS
- Experience using and configuring build and deployment applications like Jenkins or equivalent
- Significant test automation skills using relevant, industry leading tools
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS and Android devices
- Experience using Document Databases like MongoDB, Elasticsearch or equivalent
- Experience with common HTTP exchange formats, including JSON and SOAP
- Experience working with and testing scalable RESTful web services/APIs
- Familiarity with Linux-based environments and basic commands like bash, ssh, tail, vi, etc.
- Experience using project/issue tracking/management software and workflow like Jira
- Passion for quality and improving the user experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Experience in testing IoT integrations
- Any industry experience with station integration or open protocols like OCPP, OCPI, OpenAPI
- Experience in test-driven development and continuous integration
- Familiarity with Kubernetes in automating application deployment, scaling, and management
- Interest in and an eye for UI/UX
ABOUT EV CONNECT:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.
Established in 2010, EV Connect is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric which serves customers across 41 states in the U.S., including GM, Avista Utilities, Love’s Travel Stops, Verizon, Marriott, Hilton, Western Digital, SCE, New York Power Authority, and numerous municipalities. Globally, EV Connect's reach extends across Europe, Australia, and Asia, removing carbon emissions from vehicles through the electrification of transportation. For more information, please visit www.evconnect.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), discounted health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options.
EV Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.