EV Connect is looking to hire a Systems Engineer to support Charger Operations. This role will be responsible for the onboarding of EVSE manufacturers and the ongoing support of these Partners. The candidate will need to build deep domain expertise of our Partners’ products to support internal and external stakeholders, including customer support, installers, customers, etc. He/She will also need to drive continuous improvement with the manufacturers based on internal discoveries and proactive monitoring of station performance in the field.
- Review, test, and validate new Charger equipment and/ or systems from various charging vendors.
- Participate in the process of onboarding new hardware and auxiliary vendors by reviewing, testing, and validating new Charger equipment, vendor documentation, and Charger commissioning processes and requirements.
- Lead certification efforts of new firmware from EVSE manufacturers.
- Coordinate deployment of new firmware to field assets along with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring accuracy of various EVSE manufacturer’s technical documentation.
- Develop statements of work (SoWs) for unknown field issues and act as Tier 3 support.
- Partake in requirements gathering, review, and execution of operational improvements to charging stations.
- Engage with designated vendors on the EVC network with a regular cadence for engineering, program, and quality review topics.
- Design, create, and review various internal training modules for internal stakeholders regarding training of hardware, vehicle interoperability, and charging information.
- Bachelors in mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Electric Vehicle charging
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical support role or product quality role
- Ability to triage and root cause technical issues
- Customer centric values
About EV Connect:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.
Established in 2010, EV Connect is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric which serves customers across 41 states in the U.S., including GM, Avista Utilities, Love’s Travel Stops, Verizon, Marriott, Hilton, Western Digital, SCE, New York Power Authority, and numerous municipalities. Globally, EV Connect's reach extends across Europe, Australia, and Asia, removing carbon emissions from vehicles through the electrification of transportation. For more information, please visit www.evconnect.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), covered parking, free EV charging, office one block from Metro stop, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options, workplace perks such as free healthy snacks, drinks and coffee.
EV Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.