EV Connect is seeking a Junior Sales Engineer / Solution Architect to help drive sales and partnership opportunities in North America as we expand our quest to become the world’s leading cloud platform for managing electricity as a fuel. Position will work with current and potential customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of our products, equipment, and services that would cater towards their pain points and goals.
- Capture customer and business partner requirements and build custom product demos that are specific to the prospect’s needs, goals, and unique scenario.
- Identify customer technical objections and obstacles to develop a strategy to resolve the technical blockers.
- Have a deep level of product knowledge and understanding of all customer use cases to skillfully answer product-related questions during the sales cycle.
- Partner with Product team to get updated on product releases and roadmap that would be relevant to any customer solutions.
- Be the internal bridge between sales and product teams – capturing new feature requests, examine functional workflows, system integration with complimentary systems, create extendible solutions.
- Work with the business development and marketing teams on creating strategic partnerships and integration points/strategies between solutions – both digital and organizational.
- Support the sales team in RFP/RFI responses, preparing custom quotes, and optimizing hardware selection based on site and customer requirements.
- Scoping, managing, and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Lead technical discussions with customer technical teams on how to use EV Connect APIs as well as documentation on capabilities.
- Trains sales team on demo techniques, providing guidelines, scripts, checklists, and other resources to assist in the advancement of demo skills of the entire team (must be a demo guru).
- Work with manufacturer partners by staying updated on new hardware, discontinued hardware, and price changes as well as add-ons such as credit card readers.
- Stays abreast of local hardware legal requirements such as ADA cables, touch screens and CC readers.
- Partner with Ops/Customer Service to provide new customers with a seamless onboarding experience.
- Reporting back to the VP of Technical Solutions.
- Initial ramp up period – spend ample time for product and technical training to operate independently.
- 2+ years of technical solution architecture, product management or strategy consulting experience with at least 1 year of experience in a customer-facing role (e.g., delivering product demos for customers, obtaining pain points and use cases from customers).
- At least 1+ years of experience working with API platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering or technical degree.
- Skilled in translating complex products into simple solutions.
- B2B SaaS or Enterprise software and solutions experience.
- EV charging industry, energy, solar or similar industry a plus, but not a requirement.
Ready to power what’s next? Then we want to talk to you!
About EV Connect:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.
Established in 2010, EV Connect is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric which serves customers across 41 states in the U.S., including GM, Avista Utilities, Love’s Travel Stops, Verizon, Marriott, Hilton, Western Digital, SCE, New York Power Authority, and numerous municipalities.
EV Connect was named one of Time’s 100 Most Influential companies in 2022 and has won many Inc. Top company awards.
Globally, EV Connect's reach extends across Europe, Australia, and Asia, removing carbon emissions from vehicles through the electrification of transportation. For more information, please visit www.evconnect.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
EV Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.