EV Connect is looking to hire a Lead Quality Service Engineer to support the Charger Operations team in managing hardware and vendor quality processes and managing Tier 3 support for our Customer Support group. This role will be responsible for vendor Quality management through managing and tracking Quality data metrics and reporting this data to vendors and EV Connect management so that trends can be discovered and solutions developed for continuous improvement of hardware and processes. The candidate will also assist in providing high-level (Tier 3) support for customer and installation field issues by working with EV Connect’s Customer Support team as well as site-hosts, customers, and installation contractors to identify and resolve field issues. The candidate will need to have technical experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of electrical issues. The candidate will need to build deep domain expertise of our Partners’ products to support internal and external stakeholders, including customer support, installers, customers, etc. The candidate will also need to drive continuous improvement with the manufacturers based on internal discoveries and monitoring of station performance and support tickets in the field.
- Develop Quality processes to identify and prevent field and hardware issues
- Coordinate with vendor/ supplier Quality teams to identify and resolve issues and to drive continuous improvement
- Coordinate non-conformance and supplier corrective action reporting and manage supplier responses and Quality improvements
- Initiate and drive Tiger teams as necessary to address urgent topics
- Field Quality Management – Monitor customer support tickets and field issues to pull data and trends for review and corrective actions
- Present field and vendor Quality data to internal and external stakeholders to identify areas of improvement and drive corrective actions
- Generate and maintain Quality metrics (open ticket counts, issue trends, mean time to resolution) for each vendor and provide data to drive regular Quality reviews with each supplier
- Provide support for our Customer Support team by reviewing incoming escalated tickets and managing them to resolution
- Document field issue solutions as they are developed and write the Scopes of Work (SoW) to aid in future troubleshooting efforts for our Customer Support team
- Interact with customers and contractors as needed to identify and resolve field and installation issues
- Maintain SoW library and troubleshooting decision trees for document control and sharing as needed to resolve field support issues
- Ability to quickly learn new technical, software, product, and industry knowledge quickly and to stay up to date on changing market requirements and product specifications and features to onboard quickly and help maintain market leader status
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Electric Vehicle charging technology desired
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical support role or product quality role
- Hands-on field experience in electrical/ controls wiring and installation or repair and diagnostics is highly desired
- Ability to root cause technical issues and triage responses
- Ability to identify and document troubleshooting steps and solutions
- Ability to create and maintain/ control documentation to communicate solutions and information properly and consistently among different teams and organizations
- Ability to identify key stakeholders (internal and external) and bring them together in cross-functional teams identify and drive solutions
About EV Connect:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.
Established in 2010, EV Connect is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric which serves customers across 41 states in the U.S., including GM, Avista Utilities, Love’s Travel Stops, Verizon, Marriott, Hilton, Western Digital, SCE, New York Power Authority, and numerous municipalities. Globally, EV Connect's reach extends across Europe, Australia, and Asia, removing carbon emissions from vehicles through the electrification of transportation. For more information, please visit www.evconnect.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), discounted health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options.
EV Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.