This position will be responsible for prospecting, building pipeline, opportunity management and accurate forecasting within an assigned territory in the fast-growing Electric Vehicle (EV) charging industry. Must have demonstrated ability to develop a sales plan that targets enterprise opportunities in the corporate market and/or municipal accounts, often by leveraging state/utility subsidy programs. The ideal candidate will have experience, selling into segments that include commercial real estate or workplace environments, Fortune 500 corporations, hospitality, multi-family real estate and developers and state and local entities. This is a great position for a talented and ambitious salesperson with tremendous growth potential.
- New York City vicinity
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the market opportunity and target specific segments to perform coordinated outbound selling efforts (individually driven e-mail/call campaigns in coordination with digital marketing).
- Aggressively pursue leads within target segments to qualify prospects that can access available grant/subsidy to adopt EV Charging.
- Establish contact with key decision makers for sustainability programs within prospective organizations.
- Create and deliver concise and compelling sales presentations for prospective customers.
- Manage a sale that involves multiple products including EV Connect’s software, products offered by partners (such as charging station hardware) and services.
- Consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the prospect's needs and EV Connect’s capabilities.
- Manage opportunities in CRM (HubSpot) and record key activities on prospect and customer interactions in the EV Connect customer relationship management system.
- Attend trade shows, utility and industry events as needed.
- Build and manage pipeline in a solution selling environment that tracks opportunities through a 3–9 month sales cycle.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from identifying likely prospects to initial outreach to prospect engagement/qualification, quote creation, contract negotiation, customer purchase order, etc.
- Have a proficient understanding of all products and services offered by our company as well as by key partners.
- Prepare detailed, custom solutions based on customer requirements.
- Be able to prepare proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Provide forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes over relevant time periods.
- Travel 30% within territory.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience selling, with an added bonus if that experience includes any of the areas identified below
- Proven success meeting sales objectives
- Experience pursuing pure greenfield opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communications, excellent presentation skills.
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Experience using a CRM system, e.g., HubSpot
- A demonstrated history of multi-tasking with a keen focus on attention to detail
- Have an ownership mentality, one in which you embrace the responsibility and all that comes with it
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience selling to sustainability professionals, solar, energy efficiency, electric vehicle charging or a related field identified in the opening paragraph is a plus
- A passion for electric vehicles, alternative fuels, and/or clean transportation is a plus
Ready to join one of the Most Influential Companies named by TIME Magazine?
About EV Connect:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.
Established in 2010, EV Connect is a subsidiary of Schneider Electric which serves customers across 41 states in the U.S., including GM, Avista Utilities, Love’s Travel Stops, Verizon, Marriott, Hilton, Western Digital, SCE, New York Power Authority, and numerous municipalities. Globally, EV Connect's reach extends across Europe, Australia, and Asia, removing carbon emissions from vehicles through the electrification of transportation. For more information, please visit www.evconnect.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
EV Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.