EV Connect is seeking an C10 Electrical Licensed Contractor to serve as Field Service Engineer for our EV Charging network in Southern California. You will troubleshoot and resolve technical EV station hardware issues in the field across the determined service area. The proper candidate will have strong technical knowledge as well as professional experience as a Field Service Engineer, preferentially in the EV industry. Positive attitude, flexibility and a strong work ethic are critical to thriving in this position.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, and software updates on EV charging units of various makes and models.
- Perform component level diagnostics, utilizing laptop, DMM, phase meters, and other tools, to diagnose failed units and determine required repairs.
- Generate professional grade reports documenting findings that are complete and ready to be presented to customers.
- Work within monitoring and ticketing system to update work progress and statuses.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with EV Connects' products, support and service.
- Diagnose failures all the way to component level, identify technical problems and determine procedure to repair electric vehicle charging equipment (remotely and in the field);
- Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on time and accurately.
- Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
- Perform PM’s on time, provide expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
- Troubleshoot and interact with station hardware OEMs to reach fastest resolution.
- Must be a C10 Electrical Licensed Contractor
- Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
- Ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
- Position requires the ability to be “on call” after normal working hours.
- Depending on location, position may require frequent overnight travel.
- Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, and carry adequate auto insurance.
- Must be able to visit locations throughout NY state area.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Strong computer skills – MS Office product especially Excel and Word
- Strong electrical/electronic background relevant to EV equipment
- Experienced in measuring voltage, current, frequency, insolation, phase rotation.
- Ability to gather data accurately and compile and prepare professional reports on field activities
- Must complete all required vendor hardware certification courses.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in electronics, computer science or related technical discipline is required.
- 4-6 yrs. experience as a field service electrician on power electrical equipment or related experience.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments and methodological analysis.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Must be proficient Windows, certified training and/or working knowledge of Autotask/Zendesk or other software operating systems preferred.
- Direct experience with EVSE hardware and software preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
About EV Connect:
EV Connect is on a mission to build a better planet by enabling electricity as a transportation fuel. Through its innovative and open charging platform, EV Connect simplifies the set-up, management, and optimization of charging stations with premium customer service, from installation to driver support. EV Connect guides companies of all sizes in managing networks of chargers and delivers a seamless EV charging experience that empowers drivers.